2011年5月14日 星期六

The Impressive Accident

        After the 921 earthquake, one side of my house’s wall was loosening. And it might fall down anytime. It was so dangerous that it must be torn down immediately. Therefore, my father asked assistance who worked for my house to demolish the wall. When the wall was in the process of construction, my father passed by and wanted to see the engineering. He was behalf drunk, and didn’t pay attention to his surroundings. At that time, I had already gone to bed. Suddenly, I woke up by a wretched crying of woman.
        It was my mother’s crying. Soon, I heard the whistle of ambulance, which was becoming closer and closer to my house. Then, I walked out and saw my father was taken to the ambulance with his body filled with blood. He was pressed down by a heap of rubble which suddenly collapsed when my father passed by. My mother and my brothers also got into the ambulance. And I was taken to my grandparents’ house by my aunt. I remembered I kept crying all the way and asked my aunt whether my dad would die or not.
        This is the first time for me to realize the feel you almost lost your family. Besides, the accident gives not only great attack to me but also serious problems to our home’s financial condition. My parents used to manage a KTV. Although it built up from nothing, we still made a fortune at that time. As a result, we lived a wealthy life for several years. However, the accident turned the tide. My father stayed in the hospital for a long time, and the huge expenditure made my family in financial difficulties. For this reason, he had no choice but to close the KTV, and we moved. To pay the debt, he also sold two buildings he used to buy.
        On account of that my father temporarily lost the ability of making a living, my mother started to look for a job. Therefore, I began to learn how to wash clothes, do the housework, and cook meals. I must to be independent because my mother was busy in working. The accident deeply changed the life style of my family. Nevertheless, I think as long as my family is safe and sound, it is enough. And we don’t need so much money to adorn our lives.

沒有留言:

張貼留言