2010年12月28日 星期二

Do the volunteer

From November Fanny and I have gone to Taichung Baptized Church to assist elementary students’ homework. It is because we both are members of remarkable teacher education in NTC, we need to do volunteer for at least thirty-six hours each semester. We didn’t get the chance to go to elementary school which is at remote districts by groups this time, so we have to find other organizations by ourselves.



Luckily, by way of senior’s introduction, we soon found there are some vacancies for volunteer at Taichung Baptized Church. So Fanny and I start to do volunteers at night. Every time the jobs we do are different. Sometimes we check their homework. Sometimes we help them do arts. And when they take the pop dance classes, we help maintain the class order. I think every time is a challenge to me. However, their innocent and pure faces always make me happy though most of time they are noisy!



By the way, most of the students there are from minority family. It means that we need to put in more energy on them, and be more patient when we teach them. We will keep doing volunteer until next semester, and I think the experience here will be an important and special time for me.

 

沒有留言:

張貼留言